To my knowledge, HISS Commanders were never animated.
HISS Commanders were introduced to the Cobra forces in 1980. Since various models of HISS tanks were always the backbone of Cobra's armor units, HISS Drivers and Commanders were in service throughout Cobra's years of operation until the organization went underground in August 1989. Their appearance is represented by Version 1.
|Version 1: 2008 boxed HISS vehicle
|Fig. #1274: Cobra Infantry|
Cobra H.I.S.S. Commander
|MOS 1: Tank Commander|
MOS 2: Mechanical & Electrical Systems
- head: HISS Driver (08/I, 08/II), HISS Commander (08), Arctic HISS Driver (09)
- arms: Sgt. Flash (08), Grand Slam (08), HISS Driver (08/I, 08/II), HISS Commander (08), Tripwire (08), AVAC (08), Cobra Trooper (08/VI)
- body: Sgt. Flash (08), Grand Slam (08) Tripwire (08), Cobra Trooper (08/VI) - modified: HISS Driver (08/I, 08/II), HISS Commander (08), AVAC (08), Maj. Bludd (08/II, 08/III)
- upper legs: HISS Driver (08/I, 08/II), HISS Commander (08)
- lower legs: HISS Driver (08/I, 08/II), HISS Commander (08), Deep Six (08/I), Cobra Commander (09/III)
|Accessories: black belt (08 HISS Driver's); black pistol (07 Flint's 9mm), black Cobra figure stand
|COBRA H.I.S.S. commanders are selected from the best of the COBRA infantry forces for specialized training in how to operate these top-of-the-line armored tanks and use the vehicles' sophisticated electronics systems. They're chosen for their skills, physical strength, and initiative (which means they're some of the nastiest, toughest, and most aggressive troopers in the entire COBRA army). COBRA H.I.S.S. commanders are graduates of COBRA Battle School and Advanced Weapons Systems Training.
"We are dedicated to destroying the G.I. JOE team and will crush them under the treads of our tanks!"
|Toy Notes: Item #32394.